The solution turned out to be surprisingly easy. After adding
to the end of my
~/.emacs, it kind of (see below for details) worked.
The Full story:
After copy-and-pasting the table into LibreOffice I noticed that Inconsolata worked, whereas DejaVu Sans Mono does not - which depends, I suppose, on my xorg font substitution settings. (My LibreOffice font substitution settings are empty.) To wit:
That lead me to just play around with Inconsolata in emacs a little more, and to the
set-default-font solution mentioned above.
Not all font sizes work however, and if I increase/decrease the font size, the alignment gets messed up again. Here are the results for the sizes I tried:
There is also one minor issue which I guess must be blamed on org-table, that is when I use the
TAB key to navigate through cells, the formatting sometimes changes for the worse. The following is the result of pressing
TAB in the leftmost cell:
Luckily though, a quick
C-c C-c will repair the whole table again.
Edit Turns out there are still some characters that do not align properly. Neither in LibreOffice, nor in emacs. Example:
character: ○ (displayed as ○) (codepoint 9675, #o22713, #x25cb)