When multiple cursors has marked multiple points in a buffer you can use
mc/cycle-forward) to cycle through and look through all cursors while typing for all cursors. I'm wondering how to enter different text at each cursor point while retaining the
mc/cycle-forward cycling behavior or working with mc as seamlessly as possible.
A rough use case (possibly positioning #5 after #7):
mc/mark-all-like-thisor equivalent to create multiple cursors
- [usual mc interaction with all cursors]
- [some action to indicate interaction with a single cursor]
- enter text at current cursor
C-van arbitrary number of times to select a different cursor
- enter text / move point of a now different current cursor
- [some action to restore standard mc behavior]
- [resume interaction with all cursors]
I currently use
isearch-forward to fill in for this (for example to fill in different section headers in an html document), but this drops me out of mc and forces me to re-mark.