I read my email in Emacs, and every now and then I receive an ICS file as an attachment, usually in a confirmation message for an event I've signed up for. That's very kind of them, because it means I don't need to enter the event into my calendar manually. It looks like this in the message buffer:
Attachment: [4. text/calendar; foobar.ics]...
I want to import that event into Google Calendar. Currently I handle those files like this:
- Save the ICS attachment from within message-mode (move point to the attachment and hit
- Open Google Calendar in my web browser
- Click the cogwheel, and select "Settings" in the menu that appears
- Open the "Calendars" tab in the settings page
- Click the "Import calendar" link
- Select the ICS file in the file upload input control
- Select which calendar to add the event to
- Click the "Import" button
It gets tedious after a while. How can I import the event into Google Calendar directly from Emacs, without all these intermediate steps?