- I use Magit to manage Git repositories.
- Some of these repositories have collaborators whose names contain accented characters.
- In a freshly-started Emacs, everything looks fine.
- In a long-running Emacs process, such accented characters eventually start being rendered incorrectly.
- These characters appear in a magit buffer
- which is not associated with a file
- in a special portion of the buffer which is not accessible with the usual Emacs navigation commands, search commands, etc.
How should I go about understanding and fixing this problem?