When I call run-python, I get the buffer with python REPL and the prompt.
- I can type stuff, but when I press enter there is no reaction (except the cursor moves in new line).
- If I press C-c C-c (comint-interrupt-subjob), I get a new prompt, but I don't see any output of the previous commands.
- If I use python-shell-send-region or if I evaluate (comint-send-string "Python" "print 5\n"), I don't see any output in Python buffer, but the elisp function returns without error.
- I can end the python process by pressing C-d (comint-delchar-or-maybe-eof).
The same problem occurs both with python and ipython (I tried python-shell-switch-to-shell with both). The Emacs communication also doesn't work when trying to use Mozart programming system, which also uses comint. Some other comint based modes on the other hand (scheme, shell) work without problems.
If I run python inside emacs shell I get the same behavior as above. After C-d, the python ends and the shell works normally again.
I've also tried starting emacs without init files.
- Python 2.7.8
- Emacs 24.3.1 (also saw the problem with 24.4.1)
- built-in python.el
- Debian Jessie