I've got a weird bug in a GraphQL encoder I'm writing that I've tracked down to one form:
(symbol-name 'world) ;; yields #("world" 0 5 (fontified t))
I can reproduce the issue in a
*scratch* buffer in that same emacs session and with
M-:, but it's not reproducible in a new emacs session (e.g.,
emacs -nw -Q).
This doesn't happen with all symbols;
(symbol-name 'hello) yields just
The following snippet can reproduce the issue, but I still have no idea what would be using
make-symbol in this way.
(let ((sym (make-symbol (let ((s "hello world")) (set-text-properties 0 (length s) '(test property) s) s)))) (symbol-name sym))