This question already has an answer here:
- Using Emacs as a full-featured C/C++ IDE 9 answers
I have not used EMACS seriously in 20 years.
I work on a Mac and am a vi/Eclipse person now.
I want to switch back to EMACS for C and C++ programming.
When I was researching EMACS add-on packages for C and C++ programming I quickly stumbled onto some good resources:
However after several hours of tinkering I was left pretty much where I started.
What I was looking for was:
- A light weight configuration
- Syntax highlighting
- Make file editing
- Compilation and integration with the error and warning output form EMACS
- Execution without have to switch to a terminal
- A basic interface to GDB or LLDB
- Syntax completion would be a good extra
Any thoughts on where I can start this journey?