Is there any way to export a list of folder names which has been modified today using a dired mode or any other package on emacs
You can use a keyboard macro for that.
- Switch to dired buffer
- Make sure details (modification dates) are visible,
M-x dired-hide-details-modeif necessary
- Go to beginning of buffer (
- Start keyboard macro (
C-x C-k C-s)
- Isearch for current day (I type
C-s Mar 16 RET)
- Mark current entry (
- Go back to beginning of line (
- End keyboard macro (
C-x C-k C-k)
- Repeat macro until bell rings (
C-u 0 C-x e)
- Now all modified entries are marked, type
C-u 0 wto copy all of their names to the kill ring.
This will work for both files and directories. If you want to limit this only for directories, you can use dired-filter package, available from MELPA. After you installed it, you can hit
/ d in dired buffer (after step 2) to hide files in current buffer.
EDIT: If you use
dired-filter package you can actually just use
dired-filter-by-predicate command to keep only directories modified today, then mark everything (
U t) and type
C-u 0 w.