I am using dired-do-copy to copy a file from remote using tramp to local.
When Copy file to path is promted. I used
/ C-j to go to local path but the path stays in the same directory , does not go to local root from remote.
I have also tried
M-x copy-file , M-x gnus-copy-file and I have having the same issue as above.
- Emacs version - 26.2
- Local Os - MacOs
- Remote server OS(Tramp) - RHEL
- Swiper version - 20190708.1110
Steps to replicate -
- Login to a remote using tramp
- Open a directory in remote using dired.
- Mark a file to copy, and run
- Swiper/IVY will prompt the path.
- Type '/ C-j' to go to local.
- The path stays the same.
- Same thing happens to
M-x copy-filein tramp mode too.
Trying to implement this functionality - https://superuser.com/questions/445564/how-do-you-copy-files-from-a-remote-server-to-a-local-folder-in-emacs-using-dire/445568
Also is there a way to disable counsel-find-file when dired-do-copy is triggered.