agenda-list-view separates the todo items of the current week by days and sort them by time within each day if there are timestamps. Instead, I want to combine all the todo items without any timestamps.
The power of weekly plan is well known. The default agenda view
agenda-list-view however does not allow one to easily see what has been achieved and what has to be done in the current week, as what a Kanban board would be able to do. There is
org-kanban, but it is not as powerful as what
org-agenda can offer and cannot pick items from the current week.
Given the following Org file stored as
* TODO No Timestamp * TODO Deadline last Sunday SCHEDULED: <2020-07-04 Sat> DEADLINE: <2020-07-05 Sun> * NEXT Scheduled for last Sunday SCHEDULED: <2020-07-05 Sun> * DONE Scheduled for this Monday SCHEDULED: <2020-07-06 Mon> * TODO Scheduled for this Tuesday SCHEDULED: <2020-07-07 Tue> * TODO Scheduled for next Monday SCHEDULED: <2020-07-13 Mon>
Assuming today is <2020-07-08 Wed> I'd like to have an agenda view that only shows the DONE/NEXT/TODO items from the current week, sorted by todo state:
file_name: DONE Scheduled for this Monday file_name: NEXT Scheduled for last Sunday file_name: TODO Scheduled for this Tuesday
Note that only items satisfying one of the two conditions are included in the desired agenda view:
- TODO items that are scheduled for previous weeks or for the current week.
- DONE items scheduled for current week.
This implies the following items are excluded:
- DONE items scheduled for a day before the current week.
- Items whose deadlines are before the current week.
- Items scheduled for a day after the current week.
What would be the best way to achieve this? I played around with the custom agenda view using
tags-todo, but couldn't find a way to pick only the todo items from the current week. The closest command I can find for picking the todo items from the current week is something like
tags-todo "SCHEDULED>=\"<-7d>\"SCHEDULED<=\"<+7d>\"" but this is not exactly what I want.