0

A strange problem occurs when I add ord-id-links to my org-headers. My org-agenda is building endlessly.

As an example, when I try to build an org-agenda for a file with following content, it takes endlessly:

* School
** TODO [[id:1b4b87ba-76b6-42c3-8897-7e587176d546][Physik]]
   DEADLINE: <2020-08-16 So +1w>

As soon as I replace the id-link with a direct file-link, the org-agenda builds as normal:

* School
** TODO [[file:~/org/school.org#Physik][Physik]]
   DEADLINE: <2020-08-16 So +1w>

Currently, I'm using spacemacs. I searched for org-agenda and org-id-links, but I couldn't find anything with similar issues. I may also be a spacemacs specific bug. Haven't tested with vanilla emacs.

Do you know this behaivior? What could I try to fix the problem (setting some magic custom variable or so)?

UPDATE

  accept-process-output(#<process emacsql-sqlite3<1>> 30)
  #f(compiled-function (connection &optional timeout) "Block until CONNECTION is waiting for further input." #<bytecode 0x1b6f265>)(#<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection>)
  apply(#f(compiled-function (connection &optional timeout) "Block until CONNECTION is waiting for further input." #<bytecode 0x1b6f265>) #<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection> nil)
  emacsql-wait(#<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection>)
  #f(compiled-function (connection sql &rest args) "Send SQL s-expression to CONNECTION and return the results." #<bytecode 0x1c76c7d>)(#<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection> [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] "49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62")
  apply(#f(compiled-function (connection sql &rest args) "Send SQL s-expression to CONNECTION and return the results." #<bytecode 0x1c76c7d>) #<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection> ([:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] "49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62"))
  emacsql(#<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection> [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] "49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62")
  apply(emacsql #<emacsql-sqlite3-connection emacsql-sqlite3-connection> [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] "49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62")
  (if (stringp sql) (emacsql (org-roam-db) (apply (function format) sql args)) (apply (function emacsql) (org-roam-db) sql args))
  org-roam-db-query([:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] "49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62")
  (car (org-roam-db-query [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] id))
  (car (car (org-roam-db-query [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] id)))
  (or (car (car (org-roam-db-query [:select [file] :from headlines :where (= id $s1)] id))) (if strict nil (org-id-find-id-file id)))
  (let ((file (or (car (car (org-roam-db-query [:select [file] :from headlines :where ...] id))) (if strict nil (org-id-find-id-file id))))) (if file (progn (org-id-find-id-in-file id file markerp))))
  org-roam-id-find("49a9a162-2476-44e1-8596-565781663e62")

It looks like org-roam causing the loop.

3
  • I can't reproduce it, starting with emacs -q with a minimal init file. Try that and if you cannot reproduce it either, the fault is with your init file: bisect it to find out where it breaks. Another alternative is to set debug-on-quit, then break with C-g and look at the backtrace. You can edit your question and add the results of those experiments.
    – NickD
    Aug 16, 2020 at 15:06
  • 1
    So disable org-roam, try it and if it works OK, then open an issue at the org-roam site.
    – NickD
    Aug 16, 2020 at 18:55
  • 1

0

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.