With help from commenters, I have things kind of working.
- I removed
:comments linkfrom Properties.
- I manually added comments to the top of every code block to replicate what
:comments linkwould do.
- I had to install modes for each language I was missing (lua, vimrc, maybe others?).
Now I can tangle in Doom Emacs or in default Emacs. I wish I could solve this without manually adding comments, but this is Good Enough®
In an org file, how do I define a comment syntax for lua and vimrc?
I am moving all my various config files into 1 org file. When trying to tangle it, I get a prompt "No comment syntax is defined. Use: " for each lua and vimrc code block. I don't want to have to specify this for every lua and vimrc code block I have, every time I tangle the file, for each block. I don't see a way to specify the comment syntax in the header, but that's the kind of solution I'm looking for.
I use Doom Emacs in case that's relevant. I'm experiencing this issue on two different machines.
- OS: macOS 12.1
- Emacs: GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, Carbon Version 158 AppKit 1671.6) of 2021-03-27
- Org Mode: Org mode version 9.6 (9.6-??-e7ea951ac)
I'm not on this machine at the moment so I'm only going by memory here, but I update my software about weekly.
- OS: macOS 12.1
- Emacs: 28.0.92
- Org Mode: 9.6
Example org file
#+TITLE: Configs #+PROPERTY: header-args :tangle yes :mkdirp yes :comments link :tangle-mode (identity #o444) ** Nvim #+NAME: nvim_init #+begin_src lua :tangle ~/.config/nvim/init.lua vim.cmd('set runtimepath^=~/.vim runtimepath+=~/.vim/after') -- etc #+end_src #+NAME: vimrc #+begin_src vimrc :tangle ~/.vim/vimrc set nocompatible " etc #+end_src
- EDIT: Mar 25 Add Environment section
- EDIT: Mar 26 Add Resolution section