2

This took me forever to figure out, but it turns out Spacemacs had cached a bunch of environment variables. One in particular, $XAUTHORITY, was making it so that qutebrowser wouldn't start. Manually editing my spacemacs env file and updating that variable fixed the problem.


1

The Spacemacs folks did it for some time on their homepage using Docker and Xpra, this thread explains the details: https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/8634


1

I don't have any experience with w3m, so I don't know how it compares, but I've found EWW to work OK for Wikipedia, so I occasionally use it for that. As for what it's good for: I use it to read/browse the OCaml and Coq documentation for which I find it works about as well as my browser with the advantage that it's actually faster and that I can navigate it ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible