A golf fanatic trapped in a programming career (which I quite enjoy, mind you).
- Twitter: @jasondown
- Blog: ...I digress - My thoughts and experiences with functional programming
- LinkedIn: Jason Down
- GitHub: Jason Down
I'm a moderator on ebooks.stackexchange.com. Come check it out!
For my employer I get to develop with F# woo! (And a little C# and Java)
Outside of work I'm also very interested in F# (and Elixir, but it's been a while). Really I'm very interested in functional programming in general. Haskell is on the bucket list.
Check out the top 100 users in a given tag (helpful for learning interesting things about tags you are interested in).
Interesting books I'd recommend:
- Domain Modeling Made Functional (Life manual for software developers... Highly recommended!)
- Dependency Injection in .Net (I'd say this is required reading for any .Net (or even Object Oriented) programmer). Second edition found here (slight name change).
- Functional Programming in C#. Second edition found here.
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
- The Annotated Turing - A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks